Saturday, March 9, 2013

A Little DIY Inspiration After a Crazy, Lazy Week

This week has been one of those that has kinda gotten away from me.  I don't even really know what happened.  It was one of those that flew by and drug its feet at the same time...does that make any sense??  My days were crazy, so my nights were lazy.  Something like that.

Anywho...if you've been around here long enough (which isn't a very long time), you may have noticed that I'm just a teensy-weensy bit addicted to Pinterest.  Quite honestly, there is no better way that I can envision unwinding after a busy day.  My mom and sister are both pretty avid pinners, too, and I'm starting to suspect that my mom likes to stalk my Pinterest boards.  I say that because I have to be careful about pinning DIY projects.  If she sees something like she likes, she immediately tries to coax me into recreating it for her.  I have a sneaking suspicion that she's far more talented and capable than she gives herself credit for.  That's besides the point.

Thankfully, she has a daughter that typically enjoys a good DIY craft and is happy to oblige.  I have to say that because I'm pretty sure she stalks my blog, too.  Love you, Mom!

The other day, I found this on Pinterest:




How cute is that??  I love that it is perfect for Spring, and it looks pretty easy.  I've made just a regular looped burlap wreath for her before, so I'm going to attempt to deconstruct that one just a bit to add a few elements like this one.  Plus, she ordered herself a wooden monogram, and had my dad paint it, that I'll be attaching to the wreath once it's finished.  This will all go down sometime today or tomorrow.  When it's complete, I'll be sure to post the final product.


Wish me luck!

I hope everyone is having a great weekend!  T-minus 14 days till my Spring Break kicks off.  I'm getting so jealous reading everyone else's SB posts.  Ready to start my own adventures!!

2 comments:

  1. That wreath is ADORABLE!!! I've never made a burlap wreath before. I don't really understand how to. Then again, I haven't really tried either... lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is ridiculously cute - love it! Cant wait to see the final product!~

    ReplyDelete