This isn't something I sat down and wrote in an hour. I've been working on this post for a while, trying to make sure that I was actually listing stuff that would either be a push out of my comfort zone or some sort of serious accomplishment. Not all are super exciting or earth-shattering, but they are all goals that I'm asking each of YOU to hold me to. Here it goes...
1. Reach 100 followers by December 2013.
2. Visit Charleston!! I have literally traveled every other inch of the southeast, but I have not ever been to Charleston. South Carolina - yes. Charleston - no.
3. Lose 30 pounds and KEEP IT OFF! I know, I know...everyone has big weight loss ambitions at the beginning of the year. But, ladies, I've done it before. In fact, I did it two years ago, but did I keep it off? No, I did not. This year, I want it to stay away, permanently.
5. Save 20% of my income. Yes, 20%. This will not be easy.
6. Visit my sister in college at least once every two months.
7. Send snail mail letters....with cute monogrammed cards, of course
8. Go to an Alabama football game. This is shamefully embarrassing, but, as big a fan as I am, I've never actually been to a game. I watch them. Every single one of them. But, I've never been in person. I had great intentions this year that just didn't pan out. Sigh...
9. Become more involved with my new church and Sunday school class. I'm so thrilled to have found a place that feels like home, and I really want to be used in some capacity.
11. Attend a Paint Your Art Out at the local Visual Arts Center (fun girls' night!)
12. Read 10 books. Any suggestions? I'm a Nicholas Sparks nut and have read them all...
13. Set a Christlike example. By far, this will be my biggest obstacle. I know this one is definitely not "measurable,"but it's more of a challenge I'm setting for myself. I think in the past few years, I've really gotten lazy. I'm not involved in any type of ministry right now, since I've been moving around and looking for a new church home. But, I'm ready to get settled and would really like to pour my life into others and be used. This, of course, would require total and complete commitment, starting with my daily attitude.