Monday, September 3, 2012

Labor Day Weekend

This weekend has completely flown by, and, as much as I love my job, I can't imagine waking up at 5:00 tomorrow morning and heading up there.  This weekend has been filled with family, food, and football!  It also means that summer is officially winding down, and fall is on its way.  Sweetest music to my ears.  This southern summer has been a scorcher!

On Friday, I headed over to the movie theater at the beach with my best friend, my brother, and a new friend to watch Lawless.  I honestly had no clue what the movie was about when I agreed to watch it, but I ended up liking it a lot more than I thought I would.  Save for plenty of inappropriate language and a little nudity, it was a fairly decent movie.  Probably wouldn't watch it again, but not a bad way to kick off the much needed absolutely necessary weekend.

Saturday was a super sleepy day for me.  That is, until kick off.  My parents hosted an Alabama football party, and there was more junk food than we knew what to do with.  If this first game was any indication of the season, then I'd say we are sitting pretty for another great year!  Super excited about that!!  Here's a pic of our Saturday night feast:


After church on Sunday, G-ma invited the family over for lunch.  Nothing in the world like Sunday dinner at your grandmas.  After eating far more than I should have, I drove out to the beach because I knew that Ann Taylor Loft was having a sale on their new fall cardigans.  Anyone that truly knows me understands, first and foremost, cardigans are my number one wardrobe staple.  I seriously wear them every day.  Like, no joke.  Every stinkin' day.  Partially because I think they are the perfect way to add dimension and color to an outfit.  And, more than anything else, because I have serious self-conscious issues with my arms.  That is a totally different story.  But, nonetheless, I stock up this time every year on the newest colors to prep for the coming months.  One thing I have learned is that, sometimes, it's okay to spend a bit more on quality clothing when it comes to classic clothing pieces.  This is how I feel about cardigans, along with shoes, blazers, and pants.  Shirt styles come and go, but certain pieces can be worn for years, if you are willing to invest a bit more in them.  Thankfully, Loft is great about sales, and, if you are on their mailing list, you can keep up with them pretty easily.  I was ecstatic when I opened my inbox and noticed that their new cardigans were on sale for $25.  I mean, seriously, that's basically the same thing I would pay at Target.  However, when I buy from Loft, I am generally getting something that won't show wear and tear for a long time.  Not surprisingly, I went a little crazy, but I still feel really good about my purchases and know that I have plenty of options for my favorite season of the year!  I picked up 7 (yes, seven!) cardigans, along with a super cute blue leopard print shirt.  


I'll be set for a while!

As if Sunday couldn't have been more perfect, my little sis surprised the whole family by driving home from college for the evening and Labor Day!  Even though she was only in town for one night, it was so great to see her.

Liv and I.  (This pic was not taken this weekend, but you get the idea).




Finally, here's a sneak peek at what my ah-mazing daddy is making for my bedroom.  He's really a pretty awesome carpenter.  He loves doing at-home projects, gardening, landscaping, etc., but he rarely gets a chance to just be creative and build.  When he does, I am nothing less than blown away.  He's very talented and incredibly humble.  I just love him!

This is still a work in progress.  Pics to come when it's completed!


2 comments:

  1. That Alabama spread looks delicious! Love gameday parties!

    I also say you can never have too many cardigans--love your new ones!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! And, thank you for the add!!

      Delete