Saturday, August 6, 2011

Day One

I had debated for some time whether or not I wanted to start a blog.  For a while, it just seemed like the thing to do, which made me not want to get started.  Now, it's not quite so en vogue, which makes me feel better about the whole thing.

I love to write, which I discovered my freshman year of college; however, as a teacher, I rarely get to write anything for myself.  Typically, apart from actually teaching writing curriculum and prose, my writing skills are exercised via parent/teacher emails and editing corrections.  Neither of these really satisfy my creative appetite, which is basically why I chose to get started.  

I titled my blog (or, rather, my brother titled my blog) Nothing In Particular because I didn't want to feel that my posts had to be tied down to a specific subject.  A lot of what I write will be about teaching and my experiences in the classroom.  However, I've also recently really gotten into craft projects (crazy, I know), so I will also share some of my attempts at domesticity.  And, for those of you who truly know me, you are aware that until this summer, I have never had an artistic bone in my body.  So, this is really big news.

Anyways, this seems like a decent introduction about nothing...in particular.

No comments:

Post a Comment